Today is the last day of Book Blogger Appreciation Week. And what a week it’s been! Let’s look back at some of the highlights, shall we?
Cue sentimental music …
- I met Chris @ Chrisbookarama. What a treat!
- Sheila from Book Journey wrote a great guest post about how she discovered community. She said, “I love hitting ‘publish’ and later seeing who had what to say about what I wrote.”
- Speaking of which: so many comments this week! I loved having more visitors and chit-chat.
- Kim from Sophisticated Dorkiness opened my eyes to the world of nonfiction book bloggers. I’m not ready to take on that blogging challenge (first I’d actually have to read more nonfiction!), but I love the idea that there are brave souls out there doing it. And I bet they have book recommendations for me, too.
- Florinda at The 3 R’s Blog wrote about the important role book bloggers play in producing authentic opinion, and followed up the next day discussing objective critiques vs. enthusiastic recommendations.
- Simon at Stuck-in-a-Book has introduced me to several bloggers already, but his appreciation post (and the comments) gave me even more to visit and discover. This is great, because as I said on Wednesday, blogging is all about community!
- And finally there was Twitter! I confess to being pretty new over there, and not having it all figured out yet. But following #BBAW was great fun. And I even tweeted a bit (yeah, I know that’s the point, but like I said, I’m new). I kinda get it now. Before BBAW I felt like an owl, hooting in the night and wondering if anyone heard me. With #BBAW, it was more like being in a huge tree with hundreds of other lively songbirds, chirping away. (Oh, have I mentioned I’m a bird nerd as well as a book geek?)
The result of all this book blogger love is a much-needed energy boost. I hope the glow lasts a good long while!
What were the highlights of BBAW for you?