I am very happy to be hosting a giveaway today, as part of a year-long Elizabeth Taylor Centenary Celebration!!
British novelist Elizabeth Taylor was an intensely private person, so very little was known about her life until Nicola Beauman published her biography, The Other Elizabeth Taylor. It is a comprehensive account of her life and career. Published after her death and with her husband’s consent, the biography reveals details of her private life and the parallels with her novel are obvious. The biography is somewhat controversial, in that Taylor’s children objected to certain themes, but despite that I found it an invaluable companion to Taylor’s novels and short stories.
I read this book back in March, and in my review I wrote, “All too often, biographies are dry, factual accounts. Nicola Beauman’s thorough research infused this biography with real people and emotion.” This book is a must-have for any Elizabeth Taylor fan, and makes great reading even if you are just getting to know Taylor and her work. It would also make a great gift!
Win a copy of The Other Elizabeth Taylor, by Nicola Beauman
One lucky person will receive a copy of The Other Elizabeth Taylor. It could be you! Here are the necessary details:
- The giveaway contest is open until 5:00 PM (US EST) on Friday, November 23, 2012.
- The giveaway contest is open to anyone in the world.
- To enter, please leave a comment answering the question:
- If you could ask Elizabeth Taylor a question, what would it be?
- The winner will be chosen at random and announced on my blog. I will also notify the winner by email, and request a shipping address for the book.
- Bonus! if you’d like to send the book as a gift, I will wrap it and enclose a small card inscribed with your message!
Comments are welcome, even if you don’t want the book. Just let me know not enter your name into the drawing.